Why use a Skin Toner?
Is it really beneficial to use a skin toner after cleansing your skin? The benefits of using a toner can range from balancing to hydrating resulting with more radiant and glowing skin. There are several types of skin toners depending on the formulation. Skin toners add immediate hydration to the skin, freshening, vitamins, toning and cleansing.
Benefits of Skin Toners
- Cleanse: Helps absorb any remaining make-up or environmental impurities after cleansing the skin.
- Remove Excess Oil: This can help unclog pores and help acne prone skin. Great for summer when your prone for more sweating.
- Balance Skin: Toners can be formulated to balance the skin, therefore not drying your skin or leaving it too oily.
- Tighten Pores: Promotes a smoother surface. Astringent ingredients in the toner reduce the size of the pores and wrinkles.
- Hydrate: A hydrating toner can be used when your skin needs moisture or a quick hydration boost.
- Deliver Nutrients and Actives: A great way to deliver Vitamin C and other vitamins and active ingredients.
Top Toner Ingredients
When formulating or purchasing facial toners, it’s important to know what ingredients are beneficial for the skin and the effect on skin.
Rose Hydrosol: Balancing, Hydrating, Astringent, Good for all skin types
Chamomile Hydrosol: Soothing, Calming, Good for irritated and inflamed skin
Orange Blossom Hydrosol: Helps to Balance Sebum, Uplifting, Brightening, Good for oily skin
Lavender Hydrosol: Calming, Soothing, Good for blemished skin
Antioxidants: Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Carotenoids, Vitamin B5
Botanical Extracts: Vitamins, minerals, astringents, nutritives, adaptogens
Aloe Vera: Moisturizer
Hyaluronic Acid: Moisturizer
Witch Hazel: Astringent
How to Use Skin Toners
- Apply skin toner with a cotton ball to cleansed skin.
- Wipe skin toner over the facial skin.
- Apply moisturizer.
- Mist cleansed skin with skin toner.
- Optional: lightly tap with finger tips into the skin.
- Apply moisturizer.
- Mist skin again with skin toner and several times a day if desired.
Formulate Facial Skin Toner
Learn how to make this simple Rosewater Toner – free recipe and eBook here.
Or Learn to make professional naturally preserved skin toners with active ingredients in the The Professional Natural Skin Care Product Making Course